Daily Announcements from Reagan Middle School
Friday, September 17th, 2021
Look us up on FB- @dixonreagan, Twitter- @DPS_170 & Instagram- _dixonreagan
620 Division St, Dixon, IL 61021
Ph: 815-253-4966 Fax: 815-284-1711
Mask Mandate: Please remember to bring your mask as it is required upon entry into the school.
- Homecoming Spirit Days: dress up and show your school spirit during homecoming week, September 20th-24th. All outfits must meet school dress code.
- Maui Monday - Dress for a tropical vacation!
- Trading Places Tuesday - Switch places with someone else and dress up like them (your teacher, your friend, your coach, your principal, etc.)
- Color Wars Wednesday - 8th grade wears blue, 7th grade wears green, 6th grade wears red, and staff wears black
- Dynamic Duo Day (Thursday) - Find a friend and dress up as your favorite dynamic duo
- School Spirit Friday - Get ready for the Homecoming game and show your school spirit by wearing purple and white!
- Snack Bar – The snack bar is open in the cafeteria during lunch hours. Students may pay in cash or if they have money on their lunch account, they may spend that. Nothing can be charged to the account if there is no money on the account. Students should chat with their parents about their spending options. Students will form a second line next to the lunch line and will be dismissed a few at a time to go to the snack bar. If students are wanting to get a lunch and use the snack bar, they must go to the lunch line first, then go back and enter the snack bar line.
- Yearbook - If you applied for yearbook check your Canvas email. If selected, you will receive a welcome email from Mrs. Pace and Mrs. Longan. There were limited vacancies for staff this year. Anyone can send pictures of events to Mrs. Pace or Mrs. Longan for yearbook through email attachments. (firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com)
- Student Council Officers - Congratulations to the 2021-22 RMS Student Council Officers! President - Dani Lovett, Vice President - Izzy Goff, and Secretary - Maddie Kirby
- Boys Basketball – The first boys basketball practice will be October 12th (times TBD). All interested 6th, 7th, and 8th grade boys interested in signing up for basketball will need to register on 8to18 and have a current physical on file BEFORE the first practice.
- Bathroom - Bathrooms remain limited to 4 students at a time - no exception. Students are encouraged to go straight from one class to the next and ask to use the bathroom then; not in between classes. We have had crowding and vandalism in the bathrooms such as sink handles being removed, soap dispensers broken into and thrown away, as well as paper towel machines being physically removed from the wall. All building staff will be checking bathrooms each period to make sure no damage has been done. These damages cost money and any persons found to be involved will be financially responsible for damages as well as receive school punishment to the fullest extent. Further misconduct will result in shutting down of the restrooms and students needing to use the bathroom will be directed to use the three bathrooms in the main office.
- Volleyball Pictures – Volleyball pictures will be on Friday, September 17th at 3p.
- Nurse – Students, if you need to see the Nurse, please inform your teacher and they will contact the Nurse who will come to your room to assess you. Students should not be coming down in between classes unless a pass has been delivered to do so.
- Chromebooks – Students, please make sure your Chromebooks are charged and ready to go for the day when you get here. If you forget your Chromebook at home please stop by the Tech Zone across from the main office to borrow one for the day.
- Mid-quarter Progress Reports – Mid-quarter progress reports went out Wednesday via email. If you did not receive one, please contact the school to verify the correct email address on file.
- A Note from the Nurse – Please do NOT send your child to school if they are sick or showing COVID-19 symptoms. They should be kept at home and seen by their primary physician to be properly diagnosed.
- Goodfellows Christmas Sign-Up - Goodfellows of Lee County will be offering sign-up times at Lee County Council on Aging at 100 W Second Street in Dixon Thursday September 9th from 5:30 am – 7:30 am and 1-4:00 pm. There will also be a sign-up time at the Church of the Brethren at 121 W North St in Franklin Grove on Saturday September 11th from 6 am - 1 pm as well as at Teen Turf at 235 W Main in Amboy from 6 am – 1 pm on Saturday September 18th.
- Picture Retakes – School picture retakes will be September 30th.
- Parents/Guardians*IMPORTANT*- It is imperative that we have correct phone numbers in our system in case we need to contact you for attendance purposes, regarding a sick student, or follow up calls related to Covid-19. Please make sure that you have given us correct and updated contact information. Please contact the school if you need help changing your information.
- Attendance - If your student will be absent from school, please call 815-253-4966 to let us know. If it is before or after school hours, you are welcome to leave a message with the student’s name, the date(s), and the reason for absence. As a reminder, students are allowed 10 call offs before the absences are considered unexcused without a doctor note.
- Parent Portal Help Ticket – Are you having issues with your parent portal? Do you need your parent portal credentials or need a password reset? Then fill out a parent portal help ticket for assistance! This can be found on the dps170.org website under Menu – Parents and Students – Portal Help Requests.
Student Council – Wednesday, Sept 29th @ 7:15am – Rm 139
Builders Club – Wednesday, Sept 22nd @ 7:15am - Rm 139
Royal Review – Wednesday, Sept 22nd @ 2:15 pm - Rm 139
9/20 - 7th and 8th grade white vs. East Coloma @ RMS Gym
9/23 - 6th grade purple and white vs. Amboy @ Madison Gym
9/25 - 7th and 8th grade purple – Dixon Volleyball Invite – RMS Gym
9/22 @ Rock Falls