Date: November 17, 2020
To: Parents & Guardians
From: Margo Empen - Superintendent
RE: Adaptive Pause - Grab & Go Meals
During the adaptive pause (Nov.23-Jan 3), all families can receive Grab & Go meals (breakfast & lunch) each week. Meals are provided at no charge to any student enrolled in Dixon Public Schools. Below are the steps you need to take to ensure a Grab & Go meal will be ready for your student(s) on pick-up days. Grab and Go Meals are available for pick-up on the following days of the Adaptive Pause: Nov. 23, Nov. 30, Dec. 2, Dec. 7, Dec. 9, Dec. 14, and Dec. 16.
1) Grab & Go Meals can be picked up at the following locations on Monday and Wednesday from 8 a.m. until 11 a.m.
- Washington School – Door #2 on Morgan Street
- Jefferson School – Door #1 on the one-way drive
- Madison/Reagan Schools – Door #21
- Dixon High School – Please pick up lunches at Jefferson School Door #1
2) On Monday, you will receive meals for Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday, you will receive meals for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
3) If you have already signed up for a Grab & Go Meal you do not need to sign up again. If you are interested in receiving Grab & Go Meals, please follow the steps below.
- Decide which building you want to pick up your Grab & Go Meals from – Washington, Jefferson, or Madison/Reagan.
- Call the main office at the building you will be picking up your Grab and Go Bag(s) and let them know your name, your student(s) name(s), and how many Grab & Go Bags you’ll need. This needs to be done by Friday, November 20, 2020.
Washington Main Office: (815) 934-9660
Jefferson Main Office: (815) 934-9661
Madison Main Office: (815) 934-9662
Reagan Main Office: (815) 253-4966
The first Grab & Go pick-up is on Monday, November 23, 2020.